Combatting climate change is not an easy issue for Canada’s centre-right. The centre-right movement needs credible solutions that are consistent with free-market principles and win votes. Any centre-right solution requires: (i) smart politics; (ii) free-market efficiency; and (iii) sound execution.
Canadians for Clean Prosperity and Blue Skies Ontario are jointly hosting this event to reset the conversation on Ontario’s centre-right. We are bringing together three (3) perspectives for a fresh approach to the policy and politics of climate change: (i) a successful Provincial politician; (ii) an economist and policy-maker; and (iii) a public servant who delivered a market-based solution in BC.
Climate Change: Winning the Politics with Market-Based Solutions
WHEN: September 24, 2015 at 5pm - 7pm
WHERE: Jackman Hall, Art Gallery of Ontario, 317 Dundas St W
TICKETS: Complimentary with RSVP - CLICK HERE. Tickets will be $20 at the door.
Keynote address by Chris Ragan, Chair of Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission. Followed by a panel discussion featuring:
- Vic Fedeli - MPP & Ontario PC Finance Critic as moderator.
- Graham Whitmarsh - Former Director of Premier Gordon Campbell’s Climate Policy Secretariat, Former BC Deputy Minister at Finance and Health, Principal at Tangram Strategies
- Chris Ragan - Chair of the Ecofiscal Commission, Associate Professor at McGill University and research fellow at the C.D. Howe Institute
- Mark Cameron - Executive Director, Canadians for Clean Prosperity, former Policy Director to Prime Minister Stephen Harper
The event is jointly presented by Canadians for Clean Prosperity and Blue Skies Ontario:
- Canadians for Clean Prosperity is building public and political support for a stronger, cleaner economy. We do this by educating Canadians about the benefits of the polluter pay system that rewards (in real dollars) businesses and citizens for reducing pollution, lowers taxes on economic drivers and unburdens each of us of the costs of other people's pollution. We empower individuals to use their personal and political voices for change. We combine the voices of our passionate grassroots activists with strategic efforts to build support for changing the laws and building a more prosperous Canada.
- Blue Skies Ontario is the idea incubator for Ontario’s centre-right, and a catalyst for “blue sky” thinking about building a stronger centre-right in Ontario Provincial politics. We are a group of young and mid-career Ontarians addressing the challenges facing Ontario.
For further information about the event, including information about sponsorship opportunities, please email email@example.com